How to learn
When most people first start using makeup, they often feel lost. They may go completely overboard, slathering on layer after layer until their face looks caked on and completely unnatural. With a bit of thought and planning, however, a bit of makeup can accentuate a woman’s natural beauty. Just a touch of makeup, applied properly, can really make you shine. Follow these tips, and soon you’ll be a makeup pro. People will be asking you for advice!
1. Remember not to overdo things. Less is truly more when it comes to many things, makeup included. The trick is to apply just enough that you look like you’re almost not wearing any makeup at all. Looking soft, natural, and feminine is in style, and always will be.
2. Accentuate your best features and cover up your not so great ones. This is the key to truly amazing looking makeup. Accentuate beautiful eyes with a set of good lash extensions or show off plump lips with a slick of plum colored lip gloss. Use foundation and concealer to hide dark circles, wrinkles, and troublesome spots of acne.
3. Always remember to blend! Many newcomers to makeup don’t blend nearly enough and end up with a face that looks much different than the rest of their skin. This can look quite clownish, and even unprofessional. Smooth edges that are subtle and gradual are the aim. Blend, blend, blend!
4. Don’t be afraid to change it up a little. Sure, it’s fine to stick with a look for a while when you find something that makes you look bomb. However, don’t be drab and never change it up. Watch tutorial videos, keep up to date on what’s in style, and most of all don’t be afraid to have fun! Try those new luminous lash extensions melbourne, wear a more striking eye shadow, or give your lips an extra pop of color.
5. Be sure that you know your skin type and buy cosmetics that will work for you, not against you. For example, dry skin will benefit from a foundation that has extra oils in it to help nourish your skin instead of stripping it. That same foundation, while great for dry skin, would spell disaster for those with a naturally oily composition.
6. Try to give your skin a break every now and then. Sure, playing with different colors and looks is exciting, but taking care of your skin is super important. Make sure you take care of your skin by giving it the occasional rest day.
7. Lastly, make sure you don’t go to sleep with your makeup on. This is terrible for your skin and can lead to problems down the road. Purchase a high quality, gentle cleanser and make it top priority to clean your face before you climb in beneath the sheets. Your skin will thank you.
There you have it; a few makeup rules that will make you feel more confident. Rock them and see how your makeup game changes.